To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children... to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. Ralph Waldo Emerson




Monday, November 1, 2010

Yes, there are 435 members of the House of Representatives and 27 amendments to the constitution

I've been quite busy the last few weeks, so much so that to write up everything I've done would be boring for me, and boring for you...

But I have enjoyed myself! I went to a storytelling slam which made me laugh for two hours. It's run by a group of poetry-loving boys whom I now love: http://www.aisle16.co.uk. Thanks again, Mary Meek!

Have also indulged in some art appreciation: Mark Bradford exhibit in East London. It was a series of huge collage/paintings that were really affecting... beautiful and dissonant. And American! It's amazing how much American pride I'm exhibiting these days.

And finally, oysters at Whitstable -- delicious! Brought on some good memories, too, being back in Canterbury. Valentina Baez Rizzi, I thought of you!

I'm also watching The Hangover by myself in the middle of nowhere, England... Have to say, I do miss Brooklyn -- and my very own wolf pack!

Hahahaha... Next week, New York and my civics test. I have memorized all 100 questions -- so go ahead, Uncle Sam, ask me anything! I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep me from getting lonely -- leave a comment!